GCTA is proud to announce the launch of Rudy's Cuties Fishing Tournaments designed for women only.
GCTA is proud to announce the launch of the Rudy's Cuties Fishing Tournaments. With many requests for having a women's only fishing series we thought it was necessary to respond. GCTA has partnered with Rudy's Country Store and Bar-B-Q to bring you the "Rudy's Cuties Fishing Tournament".
The tournament features five divisions, a Pro Division, a Guided Division Open Bait, a Guided Division Artificial Bait a Non-Guided Division Open Bait, and a Non-Guided Division Artificial Bait. The Pro division is a 2 Woman Team fishing for two (2) legal slot redfish. The Pro Division is a 2 Woman Team fishing for two (2) legal slot redfish. The Guided division is a 4 Woman Team and Guide fishing for two (2) legal slot redfish, two (2) speckled trout with one (1) over 25 inches and one (1) between 15 and 25 inches. The Non-Guided Division is the same as the Guided except no Guide. We will have one event in the North (Galveston) and one event down south (Corpus).
More Information about the Divisions:
Pro Division: A Pro Tournament structure of a two-woman team that will operate their own boat and fish on their own without the assistance of a guide or captain of any type and is only for a two-woman team fishing with artificial bait only.
Guided Division: A two to
Non-Guided Division: A two to
We welcome all women to join the event and look forward to a fun tournament year.
For questions regarding the event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Facebook Page for frequent tournament updates.
North Tournaments (Galveston):
Date: June 29th - 30th
Launch: Anywhere (See Rules) @ 6:00am
Weigh In: 2pm - 4pm
Location: Jackie's Brickhouse
South Tournaments (Corpus): *Rescheduled*
Date: September 21st - 22nd
Weigh In: 2pm - 4pm
Location: Redfish Bay Boat House
Pro Division Entry: $400 Per 2 Person Team
Guided Division Entry: $400 Per 4 Person Team
Non-Guided Division Entry: $400 Per 4 Person Team
Big Redfish Side Pot: $50
*Online Registration Ends Friday at Midnight before each tournament*
2018 Rudy's Cuties Rules and Regulations
All rules stated below will remain in effect for the 2018 Rudys Cuties. All decisions made by the tournament director and/or tournament officials will be final in all matters. The tournament director and/ or the tournament officials can make a change when the safety of a contestant is in question or by a unanimous decision by the tournament committee. Any changes to the rules will be posted on the website WWW.GCTATX.COM and communicated to the tournament members in the pre-tournament meeting before the tournaments. Warnings, penalties and disqualifications will be determined by the tournament officials. A signature on one set of rules and regulations is applicable for any and all RUDY”S CUTIES SERIES events and may be used as an acknowledgment for such.
Each participant ("contestant") must read and acknowledge the following rules and indicate so by signing an entry form. A "team" shall consist of two contestants.
1) Applicable Laws: Federal, State and Local laws shall be obeyed by contestants at all times. Contestants choosing to fish outside of Texas waters shall adhere to the local and state laws of the venue in which the contestant is fishing, including purchasing and possessing a valid fishing license for that state effective for the dates of competition. Violation of any federal, state and/or local laws shall result in the disqualification of the individual and his team from the any GCTA event, and may disqualify (at the discretion of the SERIES’ officials) the individual and his team from the entire series.
2) Tournament Eligibility: Contestants under 18 years old must fish with their legal guardian as their teammate, or another adult approved by the minor’s legal guardian. The RUDYS CUTIES SERIES reserves the right to refuse membership and participation in any event to any individual and/or team at the discretion of the tournament committee.
3) Alcoholic Beverages and Illegal Drugs: Consumption of any alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs during tournament hours is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs may not be in the possession of any team member or on board a participating boat during the hours of tournament competition.
4) Sportsmanship: RUDYS CUTIES SERIES participants are expected to follow the highest standards of sportsmanship, courtesy and ethics. Unsportsmanlike and unethical conduct will result in disqualification (at the tournament committee’s discretion). Please refer to the Texas Boating Safety Rules.
5) Permitted Tournament Fishing Waters: Contestants may fish in any inshore public water accessible by boat. "Inshore" for this series is defined as the navigable, tide consumable coastal waters, bays, rivers, and wetlands. No fishing is allowed within 300 yards of tournament site No fishing is allowed within 500 yards of any ferry landing. Contestants shall not fish in any area which has been "closed" by a governmental agency. Wade fishing is allowed, but all contestants must remain within 300 yards of the boat. Participants are not allowed to fish within 150 feet (50 yards) of another anchored boat or wade fisherman unless they are invited in by the team. An anchored boat is a boat held in a stable position by an anchor, a weight, push pole, PowerPole, or other "anchoring" mechanism with the trolling motor in the up position. If a team invites another team into the inviting team’s 50 yard area, any tournament participant is also allowed within the waived area. Range finder and picture of boat behind range finder best way to bring this sort of protest to light. The boat anchored in an area first has the right to 150 feet radius of the area. If the boat does not have a trolling motor the definition of anchored still applies.
6) Permitted Fishing Methods: All tournament fish shall be taken by rod, reel, and artificial tackle, only. Contestants shall not "harass" fish, to include such antics as "burning" or corralling of schools with a boat. Prior to and during the tournament, contestants shall not "cork" or otherwise mark fish or schools of fish for identification for the purposes of locating fish during tournament hours. Wade- fishing is allowed. Teams who wade-fish must remain within a 300 yard radius of the team’s boat. However, contestants may not leave the boat to net a fish hooked while the contestant or his partner is in the boat. A wade-fisherman must net his own fish. Teams shall not have one participant fishing from the boat with the other teammate wade-fishing; both teammates must be fishing in the same manner. Both team members must be in the boat before the combustion engine is started.
7) Checkpoints: Official launch times will be announced at the captains meeting and on Facebook on the GCTA page the night before event (safe light anglers) . Official time will be made at captains meeting which is mandatory for 1 team member. Once a team has checked in, that team will not be allowed to return to fish during the day’s competition and that team’s day of fishing shall cease. Check-in times will be between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM. Contestants who are not at the official checkpoint area at the appointed time will be penalized at the rate of one-half (1/2) pound, per minute, which will be deducted from the team’s total day’s weight. Any contestant more than fifteen (15) minutes late will be disqualified from that day’s weight entry. Teams who are not able to check in due to equipment failure or other unforeseen circumstances are responsible for contacting the tournament director before the official checkin is over in order to determine an acceptable solution.
8) Polygraphs: will be done for every event of the RUDY’S CUTIES SERIES..By signature on the official tournament entry form, each contestant agrees to submit to a polygraph test and be bound by its interpreted results and conclusions. The first place team in each event shall be subject to a polygraph examination and will not receive any award until the test has been administered and determined to be non-deceptive. Polygraph tests may be issued at the discretion of the tournament director/committee for any reason, and each contestant hereby acknowledges and consents to the examination. The results and interpretations of the polygraph are final and each contestant hereby knowingly, intelligently and voluntarily waives any review of said test result, including any judicial process seeking to overturn, amend or otherwise negate the finding of the test administrator.
9) Insurance and Liability: Each boat entered into any Rudy’s CUTIES SERIES shall have insurance coverage on your boat throughout the entirety of the series or for every event fished. It is the responsibility of the boat owner to carry liability insurance covering the vessel. The RUDY’S CUTIES SERIES will not issue liability coverage for its events. A current copy of the team’s insurance policy and each member’s signed DECLARATION, WAIVER, RELEASE, AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT shall be given to RUDY’S CUTIES SERIES before a team may compete in any RUDY’S CUTIES SERIES event. All tournament participants are required to sign a waiver absolving all tournament officials, officers, participants, sponsors and co-sponsors from any responsibility for damage or personal injury sustained as a result of the contestant’s participation in the tournament or its related activities, and the contestant’s signature on this form shall constitute an alternate release in the instance the member fails to sign the official DECLARATION, WAIVER, RELEASE, AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT.
10) Pre-Tournament "Captain’s" Meeting: Tournament Registration for the RUDY’S CUTIES SERIES will be the Friday evening before the tournament date between 5:30 PM and 7:00 PM. A pre-tournament meeting will be held following registration at 7:00 PM. At least one member of each team shall attend the Pre- Tournament meeting. Participants may be excused from the Friday night meeting if arrangements are made with the RUDYS CUTIES SERIES office. Participants must have written documentation from the RUDY’S CUTIES SERIES office and present it upon registration if the participant is excused from the Friday meeting. If a contestant fails to attend the registration and pre-tournament meeting without written permission from the RUDY’S CUTIES SERIES office, a one (1) pound, per fish, per day penalty, will be assessed against the team’s fish at weigh-in.
11) Communication: No communication via multi-media methods, social networking, cell phone, e-tablet, laptop, radio, pager or any other device will be allowed from outside sources or tournament participants during tournament hours that will give a team or contestant any advantage from data or information regarding fishing the event. If a team has an emergency, a mechanical problem, or needs immediate assistance, teams may contact local authorities, emergency services, the Coast Guard or the tournament director. Teams must notify the tournament director immediately if these circumstances exist.
12) Entry Fees, Tournament Registration and Identification: RUDY’S CUTIES PRO Division, $500.00 per 2 person team 2 slot redfish caught with artificial only GUIDED DIVISION $400.00 per 4 person teamIn the guided division there will be an open bait and artificial class which the entry fee @ $400.00 will stay the same for both artificial & bait OPEN DIVISION $400.00 per 4 person team In the open division there will be an open bait and artificial class which the entry fee @ $400.00 will stay the same for both artificial & bait
13) Boat, Motor and Horsepower Regulations:. Each boat must have all required U.S. Coast Guard safety equipment. In addition, each boat must have a properly aerated live-well, which is one that is set up to keep fish alive. The Tournament Director shall have the sole responsibility for determining whether aeration and capacity is adequate. ALL BOATS MUST BE EQUIPPED WITH AN OPERABLE IGNITION KILL SWITCH. The kill switch device must be attached to the driver's body anytime the combustion engine is operating. Anytime the combustion engine is operating and in gear, there must be a driver in the driver's seat in full control of the boat. Any fuel tanks that are not installed by the boat manufacturer are prohibited. Fuel may be carried only in factory installed (built-in) fuel tanks. Any additional fuel used during the tournament day must be purchased from a retail facility open to the public.
14) Safety: Safe boating will be observed at all times. Each contestant is required to properly wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved, personal floatation device anytime the combustion engine is engaged. Tournament days may be shortened or canceled due to unsafe weather or water conditions. The decision to shorten or to cancel will be left totally to the discretion of the tournament director/committee. A 4-hour period shall constitute a day of fishing. It is the competitor’s responsibility to communicate with the Tournament Director if cancellation of the event is suspected. Cancellations will be communicated via VHF radios on a channel decided at the Pre-Tournament Meeting. If conditions are not safe on the tournament day, the GCTA reserves the right to reschedule the tournament on the following day (Sunday). If conditions are not favorable the following day (Sunday), an alternate date will be published on the RUDY’S CUTIES website, WWW.GCTATX.COM.
15) Tackle and Equipment: Only one rod and reel may be used at any one time per angler. Only ladies fish, guides or captain can help get them there and net their fish thats it.
16) Fish: RUDY’S CUTIES PRO team’s tournament weight will consist of TWO red drum ("redfish"), measuring no less than 20 inches and no more than 28 inches, in length, each. Each angler may possess up to three (3) redfish while wading; 3 during culling on up grades.(as discussed in first captains meeting).Contestants are responsible for keeping their REDFISH and TROUT alive. Any dead fish tendered for weight will be assessed an eight-ounce penalty. No altered, mutilated or iced fish will be accepted. Fish will be inspected for alterations in size, length and weight. Any altered fish shall result in the disqualification of the team weighing the altered fish, and may result in a perpetual ban from any GCTA EVENT. RUDY’S CUTIES GUIDED DIVISION Teams tournament weight will consist of TWO red drum ("redfish"), measuring no less than 20 inches and no more than 28 inches, in length, each. Plus 2 speckled trout 1 of which will be no smaller than 15 inches and not over 25 inches then the second speckled trout in your tournament stringer will be no smaller than 15 inches but can be above 25 inches.Contestants are responsible for keeping their REDFISH and TROUT alive. Any dead fish tendered for weight will be assessed an eight-ounce penalty. No altered, mutilated or iced fish will be accepted. Fish will be inspected for alterations in size, length and weight. Any altered fish shall result in the disqualification of the team weighing the altered fish, and may result in a perpetual ban from any GCTA EVENT. RUDY’S CUTIES OPEN DIVISION Teams tournament weight will consist of TWO red drum ("redfish"), measuring no less than 20 inches and no more than 28 inches, in length, each. Plus 2 speckled trout 1 of which will be no smaller than 15 inches and not over 25 inches then the second speckled trout in your tournament stringer will be no smaller than 15 inches but can be above 25 inches. Accumulatively in no instance may a team possess an amount of redfish or trout over the team’s limit. In other words, the amount of redfish or trout possessed by a team in total. Contestants are responsible for keeping their REDFISH and TROUT alive. Any dead fish tendered for weight will be assessed an eight-ounce penalty. No altered, mutilated or iced fish will be accepted. Fish will be inspected for alterations in size, length and weight. Any altered fish shall result in the disqualification of the team weighing the altered fish, and may result in a perpetual ban from any GCTA EVENT.
17) Scoring: Tournament standings, auxiliary awards and final winners shall be determined by the total weight of each team’s catch during the tournament consisting of measured in pounds and 100th of a pound. Fish may not be brought to weigh-in on a stringer or in a basket. FISH shall be weighed with the equipment provided by the GCTA SERIES.
18) Ties: If two or more teams have identical weight in the tournament, it will be considered a tie. In the event of a tie, the prize money from the consecutive places will be combined and split between the teams. For example, if two teams tie for fourth place, the amounts designated to fourth place AND fifth place will be combined, divided by two, then distributed to the teams, equally.
19) Protest Procedure: All protests must be submitted in writing, along with a $500.00 cash deposit. Protests must be submitted to the tournament director no later than 15 minutes following the weigh-in of the last fish. All decisions will be made by the tournament director and committee, and are final. If the protest is upheld, the cash deposit will be returned to the person submitting the protest. The protester agrees that by filing a protest, he may be subject to a polygraph test.
20) Permission to be filmed for Television: All participants agree to be filmed, photographed, taped, interviewed, quoted or otherwise revealed, without compensation, by the RUDY’S CUTIES SERIES or its assigns. This includes but is not limited to the official photographers, writers, hosts, or sponsors of this event under the conditions authorized by the RUDY’S CUTIES SERIES organizers. Each contestant, by his signature affixed below, hereby gives the GCTA, and its assigns, the right to use (without compensation) the contestant’s name, picture, likeness, quotes, and biographical information, whether audio or visual, before, during and after the period of an individual or team participation in an event.